K2 Summer Kamp
Summertime is among us! K2 Escape, Inc is excited to offer our 2023 K2 Summer Kamp, hosted at the all-new K2 Academy located in Brandon, FL. Our Summer Kamp is open to kamper’s aged 16-22, who have varying disabilities and special needs. Summer Kamp sessions run from June 5 – August 4, 2023. The Kamp’s operating times are:
Monday-Friday of Each Week:
9:00AM - 3:00PM
Optional Extended Drop-off Hours (Before):
7:00AM - 9:00AM
Optional Extended Pick-up Hours (After):
3:00PM - 5:00 PM
Our K2 Summer Kamp is packed with fun activities that will foster independence, encourage exploration, meet individual needs, and promote personal growth in a fun and supportive environment! From “Super Hero” to “Hollywood Stars” weekly themes, our K2 Summer Kamp is designed to ROCK!
K2 kamper’s are encouraged to participate in all the exciting activities prepared and can access the program at a level they feel comfortable with. Apply now, as we accept applications on a first come, first served basis. Spaces are limited for each available session, and once these spots have been filled, the session will be closed.
For more information, please contact Jasmine White @ 813-409-2849 ext. 1004 or 813-440-7815.
K2 Summer Kamp Staff & Volunteers
At K2 Summer Kamp, our team is comprised of exceptional staff and volunteers who inspire, uplift and care about the individuals we serve. We have worked to build a strong reputation in our community and our immediate staff and leadership are a direct cause of this success. We thoroughly interview and select candidates that are well trained, compassionate, and best suited to meet the needs of our program and amazing Kampers.
HEROES WE SERVE
K2 Summer Kamp is currently serving individuals with the following special powers:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (including Asperger’s Syndrome)
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Down syndrome
- Developmental Delays
KAMPER ELIGIBILITY POLICY
K2 Escape, Inc. seeks to serve all qualified individuals with disabilities who meet the requirements we have outlined below. The following criteria is necessary to ensure the safety of participating Kampers, and their ability to receive the maximum benefits of the K2 Summer Kamp program for which they have applied. All of K2 Summer Kamp application acceptances are conditional. K2 Escape, Inc. reserves the right to accept or deny applications or defer admission on site or prior to attendance should it later become aware that the initial application was inaccurate, or the kamper’s health has severely declined or upon demonstration that a kamper does not meet the applicable eligibility criteria. All deferrals or revocation of admission must be approved by Kamp Management.
- Be of appropriate age or ability for session requested.
- Have a developmental or mental disability.
- Have the ability to adapt to a group routine at Kamp within 24 hours of check-in, without disruption to the group environment. This includes but is not limited to the following: not following the directions of K2 Summer Kamp staff or causing disruption to other kampers’ experiences.
- Applicants will be required to possess basic independent living skills such as: self-feeding, showering, dressing & toileting. Applicant must be continent & have the ability to maintain bowel routine. Our program is designed to meet the needs of our kampers based on a 6:1 or better Kamper to Counselor ratio. We are not equipped to provide 1:1 assistance/supervision in a group setting at this time. If you feel that your kamper would not fit into our current kamper-to-staff ratio, please contact us to discuss additional possibilities.
- Is not abusive toward him/her self or others, i.e., does not physically, verbally, or sexually abuse self or others. Abuse may include hitting, biting, scratching, spitting, kicking, excessive swearing, excessive or inappropriate yelling or verbal degradation, inappropriate touching or fondling or other inappropriate behavior.
- Does not have a medical condition or impairment that has a substantial risk or likelihood for complication or injury or requires specialized medical treatment (i.e., intravenous infusions, tube feeding, a communicable disease or condition).
Has the ability to eat or drink amounts adequate for nutritional support and agrees to and accepts personal medications from trained Kamp medication personnel.
- Non-Refundable Kamper Registration Fee $50 (If accepted, registration fee will be applied towards 1st week of Kamp)
- Weekly kamp session is $250 (tax included)/per Kamper, includes T-shirt, lunch on Friday’s, bowling & movies. (The DEADLINE for payment & registration is 7 days prior to each kamp session start date)
- REGISTRATION DISCOUNT: Register by May 20, 2023 and receive a $10/wk discount for each week registered.
- July 4th Holiday Week Kamp session is $200/per Kamper. K2 Summer Kamp will be closed on July 4th 2023, in observance of Independence Day. Kamp will re-open on July 5th.
OPTIONAL COSTS OF 2023 K2 SUMMER KAMP
- Extended Kamp Hours (Before) is $15, hours are 7:00AM-9:00AM.
- Extended Kamp Hours (After) is $15, hours are 3:00PM-5:00PM.
- Weekly “Pizza Day Wednesday” is $5 (Includes 2 slices of pizza, fruit, chips & drink)
- Field Trips (TBA) at an additional cost. Parents and individuals will be informed well in advance of the specific costs, before field trip exploration.
2023 K2 Summer Kamp Fee Schedule
Non-Refundable Registration Fee
Weekly Kamper Cost
*July 4th Holiday Week Kamper Cost
Extended Hours Fee Drop-off (Before)
Extended Hours Fee Pick-up (After)
“Pizza Day Wednesday”
Special Field Trips (TBA)Cost
$ To Be Announced
- All applications for registration must be reviewed and accepted before the kamper can attend.
- K2 Summer Kamp is currently not equipped to provide 1:1 assistance/supervision in a group setting at this time.
- Deadline for registration and payment are due 7 DAYS prior to each kamping session start date.
- Registration forms are available here online, and in-person at our Brandon, FL location.
- NO CASH OR CHECKS ARE ACCEPTED
- K2 Summer Kamp will be closed on July 4th, 2023, in observance of Independence Day.
- Kamp themes and special field trips are subject to change dependent upon weather, availability, and transportation.
What is your Kamper to Counselor Ratio?
Currently, we have a 6:1 or better ratio for Kamper to Counselor.
Is lunch provided?
Lunch is provided for our kampers on Fridays ONLY. Monday-Thursday, kampers must bring/provide their own lunch. As a fun and additional option, “Pizza Day Wednesday” is available for kampers to purchase lunch every Wednesday. It will include 2 slices of pizza, fruit, chips and a drink.
Are Special Field Trips included in the weekly Kamper cost?
No. Special Field Trips are not included in the weekly kamper cost. All Special Field Trips, and the additional cost for the trip, will be communicated with the kamper/parent prior to the trip being scheduled.
Is there financial assistance available for the Kamp?
Currently, K2 Summer Kamp has no financial assistance program.
If needed, does your Kamp administer medication?
Yes. K2 Summer Kamp has medication trained staff available to administer personal medications for individual kampers if applicable.
What are the emergency procedures while at K2 Academy Kamp?
K2 Summer Kamp has a thorough Emergency Plan in place to include the following emergency situations:
- Fire Safety
- Medical Emergencies
- Inclement Weather
- Active Shooter
- Stranger on Grounds
- Lost Kamper
- Program Safety